This article will outline the steps to Write-off an invoice.
A club would want to write off an invoice to void a past unpaid invoice. Writing off an invoice will not count as revenue for your club and will clear out the balance owed on that invoice. Keep in mind, canceling an agreement or an agreement being completed will not automatically write off any delinquent invoices or invoices that were charged back.
- Writing off an invoice does not release the sessions for the person to use. If you wanting to give members session and not collect a payment, you will want to ‘Comp’ the invoice.
- When an invoice is successfully written off, the invoice will show up ‘Void’ in the ‘Club Services’ tab. When clicking on the agreement name, it will appear as ‘Written-Off’.
- The written-off invoice will show in your PT Transactions Report. It will show as ‘Write Off’ in the payment method for the invoice. The written-off invoice will appear on the PT Transaction Report on the day it was written off.
- The written-off invoice will be displayed in your Unpaid Invoices Report in the Written-off Invoices tab.
- The written-off invoice will not show on your Accrual Revenue Report.
- Currently, we do not have a way to write off invoices in a bulk fashion. The process below would need to be done for each agreement you wish to write off.
The Steps to write off an invoice are:
Once you have completed those steps, you should now see the invoice as "Written-Off" in the Club Services menu.